Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Beginning

So here I am starting my first blog with blogger. I had a xanga but come on xanga is so old school. I'm going to leave it so I can go back and look at those posts but I will be using this for my primary blogging use. I'm hoping I will keep this updated because lets face it everyone wants to know what I am doing....I am after all an Armenian to Remember. HA!

Where to begin? It's August already!! oh snap! I've been home in Sugar Land all summer interning for Kathy again this summer. That is always fun! I love working with the kids it gives me such joy when they run down the hallway screaming my name SONEEG or Miss.Soneeeeeg I get so many hugs of the butt or jabs in the stomach from their heads but it is worth it. VBS went well it was over David a man after God's own heart....That gets me thinking I want to be a woman after God's own heart. I need to get working on that.

We put together a day camp this year for the ages of 3-2nd grade. Kathy was like so you can put together Sweet Pea Day camp right?? I was like sure....So I was the director of sweet peas first official year.....AHHH scary a little. 6 hours a day for 5 days with 63 kids. I had a lot of help from Julie so thank you JULIE!!! and Kathy was like you got this girl....haha The week of sweet pea was crazy!!! yesterday was the last day. I have never been so stressed in my life! Everyone was coming to me with questions and crap since I am the one in charge. I think it went well for the most part.Everyone kept telling me what a great job I did but I don't know I think they were just being nice. As long as the kids had fun I'm happy. Now it's crunch time for camp Imani!!! we are leaving for that Aug 9th. So that's what I've been up to in my work world. FUN stuff let me tell you! But seriously I love this job getting paid to hang out with kids and love on them and be goofy....the best job ever!

Alrighty now I'm excited about this blog. Now on a more spiritual note. This summer has been a big growing closer to God time for me, thanks to an amazing friend of mine who I've been talking to A LOT over this summer.....This person is such a blessing! I thank God for bringing him into my life when he did! So this entry is long enough I will continue this later....I will leave you with a verse that has been on my mind and getting me through this last week.

O God, you are my God earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you in a dry weary land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You did a FABULOUS job!!!! People don't say those things to be nice. If you didn't do a great job they would just say nothing at all. It is the silence you should fear and the compliments you should embrace. I think you are very, very special and I have loved working with you!
Kathy

Sevahn said...

I second Kathy's thoughts! You did a great job, especially considering the difficulty of the task. The kids love you and I love you! I am so excited to read your blog!