Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Imani

Here we are my last week of work/summer....We've been getting ready for Camp Imani all week and recovering from sweet pea. Oh man I am ready for this camp to start!!! It's the biggest year we have had to date, over 300 people will be involved.I will definitely have a camp post with pictures if I can figure out how to post them.

So we were supposed to have this massive hurricane right what was it called Eduardo....dude what a pansy. I was super excited! I love bad weather, lightening thunder storms the whole sha-bang. So I was totally psyched and what do we get. Like sprinkling rain and that's it! LAME! I especially like how everyone was making a big deal out of the whole thing and nothing happened.

Now for my favorite part of the blog! I've been reading James the past 2 days. I have to say I think it may be my favorite book in the Bible! It basically tells us how to be good Christians. how we should like going through trials because that brings us closer to God and makes us stronger! We should listen and do! Not just listen and say yeah that's a great idea...but actually do it. I have really been trying to do better with that. I could go on and basically blog about the entire book in my own words maybe another day,but I do want to focus on one verse

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and keep ones self from from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

I've always had a passion to adopt a bunch of kids as many as God wants me to have. With this verse woo I know it's what God wants! In my opinion that verse sums up what God wants from us. I think I can do that...It gets me all excited and pumped about becoming a nurse and starting whatever God has planned for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

update this ish, esh!