Saturday, August 23, 2008

Love and Abilene


Where to start...Camp Imani went really well. It was the first year Kathy was kind of the lone director and we had a total of 5 churches involved! They all did a GREAT Job! I want to say this was the best year of Imani so far....and not just because I was there.haha but really We had about 300 people this year. I know the teens that went really enjoyed it because they became really close with each other. That just made it so worth it! churches mingling, kids getting closer .yay! happy day! One of the only pictures of me at camp was the sloppy joe eating contest...I almost won! like really really close! because I actually ate it! unlike Sevahn and Seelva they just smeared it on their faces and mine!mmmm DELISH!

After camp I had 3 days to finish packing and head to Abilene!!! and I had 3 suspicious moles removed so we shall see what the results are. Trying to move in with stitches in the worst places is not a good idea. Thank the Lord for Ryan he helped me move in my 3rd floor itty pitty apartment with a smile on his face!
Once I finish unpacking and make it look amazing I will post pictures! My roommate Whitney is really sweet.She is getting married in December so she is busy with wedding preparations. She has a dog his named Dobby he is a hoot! I like having him around,he reminds me of Raki!

Classes start Monday I'm looking forward to school and at the same time I'm dreading it. I think once things start up it will be better. Right now I'm just trying to get back into normal-ness after a busy and stressful summer.

One thing I forgot was my Bible! I'm pretty bummed...I have another one but I left my main Bible the one that I have marked up and wrote in, with sticky notes all up in it. I guess I can just mark up this one too! I'm listening to these sermons that are pretty good. This guys name is Duane Sheriff he has a ministry where he does these sermons and gives CDs away. Justin graciously gave me a ton of these CDs. I have around 50 hours of sermons that I'm going to listen to. So get ready for some insight...good and bad I'm sure.

The first one I'm listening to is about Love. I think love is one of the most simple and at the same time most complicated words ever! In his sermon he said someone who really loves you doesn't give you or show you what you want but what you NEED.That is real love, that really does make sense if you think about it. For example God's love is something I will never full understand because at times he allows things to happen that I just don't understand why....but because he REALLY loves me he will let me go through things that will bring me closer to him and that I need to make me grow as a person.That does sound a little selfish but I'll take what I can get. This love isn't that fuzzy warm crap this is the real stuff. Lucky me I have people in my life that really love me! In a loving way they can snap me out of my funk and they are there for me and, I thank you...those of you who show me this real love!

Love is something that I still have trouble understanding but slowly I'm getting it.

~Soneeg

1 comment:

Sevahn said...

I like that quote about someone who really loves you gives you what you need, not what you want. I believe that. And guess what...

I LOVE YOU! The real kind.