Saturday, August 30, 2008

Healing and Settling

So the first week of classes are over! It's going to be a busy semester but my classes are going to be really good and interesting. I'm taking this class over death education I know your thinking that's gross and depressing and yeah it will be at times but I'm looking forward to it.I mean everyone has to deal with death it's a part of life so might as well learn the right way to cope with it. I'm sure I'll bring that class up again. I have to get in the swing of things and finish getting my place settled in. It may take some time because I have no space in this little hole, so it always looks kinda messy :( but I will have pictures soon! oh yea so this is how ghetto my place is... Every time I would get out of the shower the stupid fire alarm would go off!! this happened for awhile and only when I took a shower...I mean I know I'm hot but come on people, they should control the fire alarm to realize the difference between me and a fire.haha They fixed though so it's all good.

Not much else going on here in Abilene.Oh I had Karen and her room mate Emily over for dinner last night. I thought they would like a home cooked meal and a break from the bean. It was fun we caught up and hung out for the night. Ryan and Taylor came over later for dessert and Armenian coffee.

The sermon I've been listening to is about healing broken hearts it's really good.Right now he's talking about finding beauty in ashes. That really got to me. Every thing you've been through God will turn around and make them beautiful! Turning all the hurt, brokenness and pain in our lives into beauty! Which sounds really good! He says he will give us double the joy for our troubles our "ashes" I still have a hard time with this I think I need to trust in god a little more because I don't really see the beauty in my ashes just yet. I haven't finished listening to this series yet so once I'm finished I'll have a few more things to say.

No comments: